Skip to main content

ITS THE LITTLE THINGS

Being on campus, I have gained a lot of knowledge about my impact. Now that I do everything completely myself for myself (living at college = no parents, ha.) I realize how wasteful I was at home, and how much materialistic things I do not NEED. Yeah, I like to shop for things, but being on a budget (COLLEGE LIFE!!!!) made me realize the MAIN things that I can change in order to feel better about myself and do better things for the planet.


To save energy, dry your clothes in your dorm!!!
https://www.cleancult.com/blog/why-natural-laundry-powder/
1.) LAUNDRY. Whether it is me being lazy or not, I do laundry less. I let it pile up, and then I do it. When I was home I did my laundry waaay too much. It is very wasteful of water. I also use a natural detergent which in my opinion smells 100% more better than tide or any other crap that is bad for your skin, and really bad to use overall. I read this really great article online about natural detergent and why it is much better to use! :  https://www.cleancult.com/blog/why-natural-laundry-detergent/
Click on the link to see some ideas for care packages!
https://www.veganosity.com/college-care
-package-ideas-for-vegans/

2.) FOOD. My sweet mom always sends me food. Which I love. BUT, I have realized how much freaking plastic is used by food wrappers and everything else. ITS BAD. Try to buy fresh food!!!!  I know its hard when you are in college to do that, so what you can do instead is get fruit from the DC or just regular food in general. It really helps the planet!!! I also always go to the food co-op in town and they have paper bags instead of plastic which is nice. I reuse them as a trash can!


Those are just two things that I really tried to cut down on using/buying. I feel better about myself, and I feel like even the little things count! If we all do little things, it will make a big impact. It doesn't seem so, but trust me.

Comments